Senior Sourcing Specialist
Purpose: As the Senior Sourcing Specialist, position will be responsible for analyzing the assigned site category spends, developing key sourcing strategies, leading long term supplier negotiations and leading/executing key projects to meet the site's material productivity performance goals. Position will also work closely with R&D on NPIs to ensure projects are launched meeting the margins targets, timelines and with global preferred production suppliers.
A number of the key responsibilities are detailed below.
- Contract Negotiations and contract formalization to secure Long Term Agreements.
- Sourcing lead role for NPI's or product transfers as appropriate.
- Develop strategies and actions to mitigate and control inflation.
- Bench marking of existing supplier price performance against potential new suppliers in the market through comparative analysis. Incorporating lower cost markets (LCC), Eastern Europe, Asia for potential supply.
- With existing, preferred suppliers securing best price through supplier negotiations and collaboration to include value engineering, other opportunities including benchmarking to prove competitive advantage.
- PPV and VE reporting and analysis on a monthly basis, actual to forecast to target.
- Producing inputs for site monthly performance reviews.
- Project management of sourcing projects such as global bid events, make-buy insourcing & value engineering cost reduction projects.
- Vendor Rationalisation.
Job Requirements :
- >10 years' experience in purchasing/sourcing role.
- Extensive experience in contracts negotiations.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Solid technical knowledge of manufacturing materials and production process.
- Past experience of product transfers and NPI's.
- Skilled in generating savings and margin expansion.
- Experienced and skilled in global, low cost country supplier sourcing.
- Decision Making / Problem Solving. Has the ability to collate information, analyze and make decisions based on experience and commercial judgment.
- Possess past experience/responsibility for making decisions that has significant positive impact on an organization's operational and financial performance.
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and other standard MS business applications.
- Strong SAP knowledge preferred.
- Both team oriented and can work independently.
- Minimum of BA in business or technical related field. Certified purchasing accreditation a plus.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top