Senior Software Quality Engineer
Summary: The Senior Software Quality Engineer is part of the software development team responsible for creating and maintaining the quality of the software that drives PerkinElmer's laboratory automation solutions. The ideal candidate would have an interest in Life Sciences, and be well versed in good software engineering practices using Microsoft and other third party tools. The Senior Software Quality Engineer is expected to not only be a strong individual contributor, but also be able to comfortably work as part of a multi-national team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as an integral part of the software development team to help consistently deliver high quality products.
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our applications.
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies
- Develop, deploy and maintain test strategies
- Analyze software requirements
- Develop testing metrics
- Analyze test results
- Continuously improve and refine testing process
- Oversee quality assurance as a member of development project team
- Provide team leadership, coaching, and technical direction in the quality assurance area
- Administer defect tracking and testing tools
- Perform QA reporting for product release process
- Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and can recommends corrective action.
Job Requirements :
- BS/MS and Engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience, advanced degree preferred.
- 5-8 year's relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 to 8 years of accumulated software testing experience in designing and executing comprehensive test plans for commercial applications required.
- Successfully worked with Life Sciences, or other scientific/medical instruments a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology stack including C#, VB.Net, VBA and VSTA.
- In depth knowledge of various testing methodologies and tools
- Experience with automated testing tools such as TestComplete and QTP a plus.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and working with cross-functional team.
- Effective communication skills required: solid written communication, excellent inter-personal communication skills, as well as demonstrated ability to present information to a group in a professional manner necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team player needed; must work cooperatively as part of a team with people of various educational and technical backgrounds.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good planning and organizational skills required.
- Self-motivated, capable of leading a project from start to finish
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top