Senior Software Engineer
Summary: The Senior Software Engineer is a senior member providing significant contributions to the architecture, design, development, and test suite for software products for biomarker discovery and analysis based on PerkinElmer's Phenoptics platform. This position will be the primary development lead on some products or features. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall design, development, and delivery of biomarker discovery and data analysis software solutions for QPS
- Owns the design and development of large features within products, or entire small products
- Capable of leading junior team members in construction and maintenance of the codebase
- Provides technical support and solutions to junior team members.
- Works with some supervision; uses a wide degree of creativity and latitude to solve problems
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in a related area (Master's in related area is optional)
- 5-8+ years of experience in software development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strength in software architecture, development, and test production
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: biostatistics, machine learning, image processing, development for regulated uses (FDA or similar), scientific client/server apps
- Strength in C#, C++, .NET, R, NUnit, Visual Studio, NAnt, Mercurial, Trac, and other relevant development tools
- Familiar with Agile and TDD development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top