Senior Software Engineer
Summary: The Senior Software Engineer on the software team is a senior member providing significant contributions to the architecture, design, development, and test suite for software products for biomarker discovery and analysis based on PerkinElmer's Phenoptics platform. This position will be the primary development lead on some products or features. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in overall design, development, and delivery of biomarker discovery and data analysis software solutions for the Quantiative Pathology group.
- Owns the design and development of large features within products.
- Capable of leading junior team members in construction and maintenance of the codebase.
- Provides technical support and solutions to junior team members.
- Works with some supervision; uses a wide creativity and latitude to solve problems.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in a related area (Master's in related area is optional)
- 5-8+ years of experience in software development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strength in software architecture, development, and test production
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: biostatistics, machine learning, image processing, development for regulated uses (FDA or similar), scientific client/server apps
- Strength in C#, C++, .NET, NUnit, Visual Studio, NAnt, Mercurial, Trac, and other relevant development tools
- Familiar with Agile and TDD development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-building and interpersonal skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top