Senior Manager, Master Data Management
The Senior Manager, Master Data Management (MDM) will be responsible for the development and implementation of an enterprise strategy and roadmap of global master data initiatives. He/she will analyze, design, develop, maintain and enhance master data on various domains across the organization. This person will provide technical leadership to both the internal and external MDM teams in regard to various domains including Customer, Product and Vendor. MDM team will also be building, designing and managing common business hierarchies. This is a global role and past experience in similar global MDM implementations is required.
The Senior Manager should have extensive experience with data analysis, data modeling, data integration (ETL), data profiling (tool based) and database design in the MDM space. He/she should have knowledge of leading trends and best practices in MDM. He/she is expected to have expert level understanding of MDM tools, Data Quality tools, Data Integration tools, Workflow tools, relational databases and big data based MDM implementations. This role is responsible for running an effective governance structure, by partnering with a cross-functional team of PerkinElmer leadership, subject matter experts and data stewards to develop a data governance strategy and enterprise-wide implementation of the strategy.
- Build and support a team to develop and optimize data extraction, transformation and load for MDM purposes. Good knowledge of at least one ETL tool is required for this.
- Manage the Data Integration Hubs around data modeling, data mappings, data validation, hierarchy management and overall security. Provide continuous enhancement and review of MDM matching rules, data quality and validation processes.
- Using MDM suite of tools to design, develop, optimize and support MDM for various domains. Lead the performance tuning of existing processes.
- Build and lead data governance function across organization using industry best practices.
- Define, configure and optimize various MDM processes and stages including data ingestion/acquisition, standardization/enrichment, harmonization and data provisioning using MDM tools.
- Ensure that the MDM hubs reflect the best available enterprise-wide data. Drive data standardization of addresses and other similar attributes using tools and other services.
- Proactively foresee, plan and lead MDM enhancements, implementations, operations & support. Lead and own automated MDM operations from data ingestion to data provisioning using tools. Build a knowledge base for the enterprise-wide data flows and processes around them.
- Manage and build in-house technical MDM skills around various MDM technologies, Data Quality tools, database systems, analytical tools and Big Data platforms.
- Define & implement measurable KPIs to gauge ROI and success of enterprise MDM initiative.
- Build and manage a global MDM team. Past experience in building MDM functions across a global organization is a plus.
- Lead a high performing team with mix of internal and external resources.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience Level - 15 or more years in architecture and leadership roles in data management.
- Relevant Experience MDM - Minimum 10 years of intensive hands on experience in MDM design, development, support and operations using some leading MDM suite of tools like Informatica, IBM, Talend, Stibo and Orchestra Networks.
- Candidate should have strong leadership skills with examples of building high performing MDM teams ground up.
- Must be methodical, detail-oriented and well-organized with excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including: business users, technical staff, senior level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- Candidate should have the ability to work independently and in a team environment and interact with staff at all levels.
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top