Senior Director for Instrument Software
Role Purpose: The Senior Director for Instrument Software coordinates software projects that span multiple business lines. This individuals will work with the instrument teams defining and delivering software that spans from firmware to end-user applications; making technical trade-offs while looking for potential synergies.
Span of Control: Discovery & Analytical Solutions (DAS) instrument software teams globally, including teams in Hamburg Germany, Hopkinton MA, Shanghai China, Shelton CT, Stockholm Sweden and Woodbridge Canada.
- Participation in the development of next generation digital solution platform
- Working with the greater DAS R&D team on operational and strategic goals
- Working with all business units, drive a convergence plan on legacy platforms & enable a shift of resources and funding to future, differentiated offerings.
- Ensure global resources are applied efficiently, eliminating duplicate work and developing clear resource prioritization mechanisms.
- Enhance team capabilities via training, work assignments & hiring of new/critical skills essential for future support of the business strategic priorities.
- Implement agile methodologies and leaner processes for hardware-software solution new product development programs.
- Coordinate budgeting and resourcing for global teams.
- This role will be responsible for enhancing the capabilities and competitiveness of the existing product line. Through the definition and delivery of software products that augment the capabilities of PerkinElmer diagnostic instruments.
- Implement operational metrics to monitor team progress and effectiveness.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 8+ years experience leading software teams that were developing scientific or engineering solutions
- Demonstrated experience making technical trade-offs in a leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent work ethic and desire to learn and take on new challenges
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Bridge the communications between the local business owners and the off-shore R&D resources
- Create personal and technical growth opportunities on a team that is maintaining an group of existing software platforms
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Excellent work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top