Summary: PerkinElmer is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our Quantitative Pathology Services (QPS), Tissue Imaging team at the Center for Personalized Health & Innovation (cPHI) in Hopkinton, MA. The successful candidate will be a member of dynamic team that provides laboratory services to clients. PerkinElmer provides staining with up to six antibodies utilizing our OPAL™ technology to provide unparalleled cellular/tissue imaging capabilities. The Quantitative Pathology Services, Tissue Imaging team focuses on assay development and optimization, imaging of stained slides, and image analysis. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining of tissues.
- Assay Development
- Imaging of stained sections using the Vectra imaging system
- Conduct experiments for assay optimization and process improvements.
- General laboratory maintenance including managing inventory and regent preparation.
- Work with senior members of the team to design and carry out experiments, as well as, interpret and present the data.
- Presentation of findings to the Tissue Imaging team.
- Preparation of data for client reports.
- Interact with project team members and peers to anticipate and resolve day to day issues working in a matrix organisational structure.
Job Requirements :
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a Life Science with 2-5 years of experience or MS with 0-2 years of experience.
- Experience with IHC and immunofluorescence a must, as well as, microtome sectioning of FFPE tissue.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in a service lab such as an academic core lab, pathology services lab, or a microscopy services lab at a cancer center is desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, with excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under pressure of deadlines, as well as, the desire to work in a fast paced, team environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top