Regional Sales Manager, Rocky Mountain Region
We are looking for a sales leader with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer's commercial success. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong customer/channel relationships directed toward growing PerkinElmer's market share, revenue and profitability consistent with strategic business goals. This will be accomplished through the implementation and effective execution of coverage designs and plans, business and channel development, and effectively selecting, developing and deploying sales talent and performance in concert with the service organization.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The Discovery and Analytical Solutions group services the Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage, Chemical, Agriculture, and Government markets. Our portfolio of environmental solutions for air monitoring, our Clarus GC and TurboMatrix ATD system is the world's most reliable for detecting air toxics, ozone precursors and soil/vapor intrusions. We have installed in over 70% of U.S. state water testing labs, our NexION ICP-MS instruments remain the first choice for determining trace metals in drinking water.
- Business Development. Manage and drive profitable business growth for your sales region. Develop an annual regional business plan that supports the overall Instrument and Americas Field Organization business goals. Develop market strategy involving multi-channel and key accounts. Work with service partners to integrate product and service initiatives to meet customer needs.
- People Leadership. Establishes clear directions with team, distributes workload appropriately; monitors process, progress, and results appropriately. Models and communicates and coaches others on PerkinElmer values, behaviors, and work practices; is someone that people like working with that leads to productive sales team. Is an exceptional judge of talent and has a solid track record in identifying, selecting and developing people; hires the best people available from inside and outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles a talented and diverse team.
- Team Sales Revenue: Grow and develop the business in accordance with strategic business goals by achieving team sales goals within the assigned territory. Understanding customer needs and relating them to the appropriate PerkinElmer product lines to present a solution: Atomic Spectroscopy; Gas/ Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry; Molecular Spectroscopy; Thermal & Elemental Analysis. Maintaining a funnel of opportunities 2-3X existing AOP target.
- Team Sales Forecast: Managing team forecast using Salesforce.com ensuring your team is hitting the forecast while understanding capital equipment sales cycles.
- Ideal location for home office is Colorado or Arizona. Willingness for up to 50% overnight travel.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with five years of experience in field sales and at least three years of Sales Management experience. Experience in Material Characterization which includes FTIR, UV-Vis and Thermal Analysis as well as Chromatography and Inorganic spectroscopy which includes AA, ICP and ICPMS is preferred.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top