Quality Compliance Engineer
PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced electrical engineer to drive our current instrumentation technology to the edge of science. The individual will become a key member of a prestigious group of senior researchers, partners and collaborators. The position reports into PerkinElmer's Environmental Health R&D organization comprised of more than 100 engineers and scientists located on 3 continents. This position is based in Shelton, Connecticut.
- Uses technical and regulatory knowledge and significant problem solving ability to help determine the most effective solution for complex problems spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Proposes technology concepts that can be realized in existing products or completely new product designs
- Works in conjunction with scientists and other engineers to prove out designs.
- Coordinates resolution of technical issues with members of cross functional team.
- Develops measures to support initiatives and strategies.
- Applies a high degree of innovation toward developing advanced methodologies and technologies. Provides technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities and adjusts plans to minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
- Recognizes potential new products and works with internal staff, customers and potential partners to influence their technical and business impact.
Engineer Technical Requirements (Compliance Engineer)
- Knowledgeable with requirements for EU CE safety self- declaration including maintenance of safety files and support documentation for EU Declarations of Conformity
- Maintain CSA Category Program for Certification for in-house safety testing throughaudits, file changes and inspection payments
- Maintain TUV files for safety testing throughaudits, file changes and inspection payments
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g., OrCAD, Mentor Graphics) to evaluate hardware compliance to certification requirements.
- Create EMC test plans and maintain EMC files and support documentation for FCC and CE self-declaration.
- Maintain standards library for safety, regulatory and EMC/EMI certification.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the RoHS regulations, sound engineering knowledge of materials and an appreciation of the design process.
- Support efforts to transition to the upcoming PDM/ECC/EHSM system for ROHS Compliance.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes to develop designs which are cost-effective and reliable.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs) and simulation software packages.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of EMI-EMC management techniques to pass standardized testing of electronic equipment.
- General working knowledge of quality system regulations; specifically, CAPA, root cause investigations, data trending and analysis.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools to create/communicate design and test specifications/results (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree required in electrical engineering or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience in a high technology environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled and effective working in cross functional team setting.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top