Purchasing Order Specialist, US
The purpose of this position is to provide purchasing support of service contracts and demand from external service providers in support of PerkinElmer OneSource Enterprise program.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with an internal customer
- Provides resolution for non-technical internal customer inquiries
- Monitor & respond to email, web portal, voicemail and fax
- Follow up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Create Purchase Orders (PO) in SAP for Service Contracts and demand services purchased from non-Perkin Elmer service providers.
- Follow-up on all Purchase Order requests and inquiries.
- Ensure Receipt of service documentation from Suppliers.
- Follow up with suppliers on aging purchase orders,
- Review, Process and Approve Vendor Invoices for Payment.
- Escalate Service delays and invoice discrepancies for resolution.
- Records all cost savings such as credits, negotiated discounts, reduced or eliminated travel charges and other savings which reduce the program cost and contribute to the contribution margin.
- Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
Job Requirements :
- B.A/B.S. Degree preferred
- Experience in purchasing, procurement, order entry, customer service or logistics in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual.
- Communicates at least weekly with the Purchasing Team Manager regarding open purchase orders and activities to achieve closure.
- Bias for action and high level of commitment to customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of SAP desirable.
- Familiar with purchase order, billing and invoice processes.
- Fluent English + additional language (nice to have)
- Evening working hours: (8.5h between 2pm and 2am)
Working with us implies:
- Helping to improve the health & safety of people and the environment
- Work in a hi-tech, innovative, team oriented, energetic and scientific environment
- Career development opportunities in multiple business areas
Additionally we offer:
- Attractive compensation and performance bonus
- Attractive nightshift bonus
- Night taxi service (within Krakow municipality borders) or free parking spot
- Recognition & referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Language classes
- Business, technical and soft skills trainings
- Private medical care
- Life & accident insurance
- Sport programs (individual and team)
- CSR activities
- Social Fund benefits (Christmas vouchers, vacation and childcare subsidies, cinema tickets, etc.)
- Modern office facility including parking lot
- Relaxation, gaming and nursery room
- Casual dress policy
- Fresh fruits served every morning
- Bike ride subsidy
- …and 30 days of vacation!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top