Product Manager – Chromatography Data Systems
We are looking for an experienced leader, with deep knowledge of software, to manage the Chromatography Data Systems product line in the day to day activities to deliver on the current year business plan as well as the ownership of the future strategy. Additionally, this individual will lead the team in development and execution of the 3-5 year strategy for continuing deliver above market growth in the product line.
Chromatography is a very large, highly visible product line within PerkinElmer. Software systems are the critical link between the user and the system that enable a great product. As the product manager you will become the leader of this global, multidiscipline team. The Product Manager is responsible for translating the voice of customer into the product vision and execution, including: marketing communications, strategy development, business development, and new product R&D.
- Manage Product Line: responsible for the day to day operation of the product line including maintaining the existing products pricing and inventory.
- Product Ownership: represent the voice of the customer in ongoing and new portfolio decisions including organic and in organic product development.
- Develop Collateral: collaborate with marketing communications team to develop and deliver customer facing materials to enable sales
- Global Business Management: understand and optimize the performance of the business execution globally.Report out on this in both monthly and quarterly reviews with senior leadership.
- Strategic Marketing: perform and lead customer and market segmentation analysis including assessment of the customer profile within the regions by industry, size, application focus, and technology requirements
- Business planning: formulate business plans and drive the execution across the portfolio of instruments in collaboration with colleagues in software and services.
- Lead the buy, build or partner decision process for each component of the portfolio as required
- Lead core teams for program development: R&D, product management, sales, finance, operations
- Pipeline analysis: characterization and understand the sales pipeline and how it will impact the near term business performance
- Work with Product Management / R&D to develop an effective product portfolio and to identify, communicate and incorporate new product enhancements.
- Effectively map the partner/competitive landscape and develop winning strategies
- Detailed analysis of the Strengths and Weaknesses of the major competitors in the relevant program together with an analysis of the Opportunities and Threats relative to PerkinElmer's position
Job Requirements :
- Degree (graduate preferred) in a scientific discipline or software engineering, with MBA a plus
- 5+ years of product management and/or marketing experience with technical, high value products
- Substantial expertise in scientific technologies
- Deep experience in Chromatography and software/ data systems
- Working knowledge of software technologies and architectures
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel, including comfort in presenting technical and business content to large and small audiences
- Experience in analyzing the financial performance of a complex global business
- Effective leader and decision maker
- Ability to influence across a global, cross-functional organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and key external partners and customers.
- Ability to travel internationally (~25%)
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top