Product Life Cycle Engineer
- PerkinElmer, a global leader in technology is searching for an experienced electrical engineer to drive innovation,value analysis, and continuousimprovement in our deigns in high technology world class instrumentation technology. We are seeking a seasoned, creative and analytically skilled Electrical Engineer to focus on design for excellence and product lifestyle engineering to both support Design for Value Analysis, as well as support continuous improvement and product reliability. The position will be deployed to our Mass Spectrometry Center of Excellence and support the life cycle design requirements for PKI Mass Spectroscopy products.
- This individual will be accountable for electrical engineering activities after launch of new developments (NPIs) and existing products as well as some limited support of NPIs.Key responsibilities will include working with team to drive business stakeholders priorities (production, supply chain, quality, product management, R&D and service) participate in plans to successfully support all active Mass Spectroscopy products produced at our Shelton site (including major accessories and consumables) in the areas of cost reduction, cycle time reduction, continuous improvement, RoHS/compliance, quality support, supply chain issue support, and participate in design for in-sourcingprojects of with key technologies.
- Uses technical knowledge and significant problem solving abilities to help determine the most effective solution for complex problems spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Works in conjunction with production team, other engineers, and scientists to prove out designs.
- Coordinates resolution of technical issues with members of cross functional team.
- Applies a high degree of innovation toward developing advanced methodologies and technologies. Provides technical insight to analyze risks and adjusts plans to minimize risk.
Job Requirements :
Engineer Technical Requirements (Hardware Engineer)
- Ability to create and analyze advanced analog and digital circuit designs using state of the art components. This includes working with low level analog signals in a low noise environment, as well as microprocessor design and analog / digital interfacing.
- Experience with the FPGA firmware development process is a plus; including VHDL code development, simulation, synthesis, timing closure, and FPGA verification.
- Familiarity with current advanced FPGA development tools for signal processing applications (e.g. Xilinx Accel DSP) is a plus.
- Experience with FPGA implementations of signal processing algorithms is a plus.
- Possess skills to utilize industry standard CAD packages (e.g., Altium, OrCAD, Mentor Graphics) to rapidly transition to fully functional and reliable hardware. Effective knowledge and use of high level design languages is essential.
- Ability to use advanced simulation and analysis tools in problem solving (e.g., PSpice circuit analysis).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes to develop designs which are cost-effective and reliable.
- Ability to evaluate and troubleshoot with standard test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DVMs) and simulation software packages.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of EMI-EMC management techniques to pass FCC and CE Mark EMC tests.
- Knowledge of EN61010 safety requirements.
- Ability to use standard documentation tools to create/communicate design and test specifications/results (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Bachelor's degree required in electrical engineering or closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent experience engineering in a high technology environment.
- Six Sigma Green Belt , Design for manufacture, and value analyses experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and team orientation.
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing concepts preferred.
PerkinElmer is an equal opportunity employer.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top