Product Leader – Automation Portfolio
The new role requires an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join a strong automation product portfolio, and team that is ready to capture the next wave of market demand.
As one of two Product managers in PKI's Automation Portfolio, you will work closely with PKI's Product Management team and be involved in all aspects of Product Management. The opportunity seeks to find someone who will be able to manage the life cycle of products, develop growth strategies focused on new and existing Automation market.
Reporting into the Product Portfolio Director, you will help to support and maintain a portfolio of products. The Product manager will interface directly with customers to understand the existing and future needs of the marketplace and adapt the product portfolio to match those needs. The Product manager will provide support for both new and existing products and will also be asked to support other product management activities, including but not limited to market research, sales support and implementation of product line strategies. The position will interact with Market Development, R&D, Sales, Operations teams and other stakeholders to meet revenue and profitability goals. The ideal candidate will be able to operate independently, exercising good judgment within generally defined practices and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop a strategic automation vision and roadmap with the automation product management team and operations.
- Develop strong relationships with key commercial customers and key opinion leaders to ensure the product line is reviewing new technologies and market developments enabling PKI to stay ahead of the trend.
- Provide answers and guidance to operations and sales ranging from quoting, logistics, inventory availability, pricing, profitability, quality challenges, etc.
- Work with the team to manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, etc.
- Work with your product management colleague on product line revenue forecasting and interpretation/decision making on data analyzed in an effort to explore areas of improvement.
- Prepare and present product sales training & attend scientific tradeshows to demonstrate the automation portfolio capability and product line differentiation.
- Prepare and Provide new product communication to internal and external customers
- Provide direct product support to sales, marketing and manufacturing team
- Analyze market competition and demand
- Provide the desired support, technical/ operational for other development & departmental projects when necessary.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Product Portfolio Director
Job Requirements :
- MS/BS degree in or equivalent preferred biology or chemistry, with 5+ years of experience in a commercial Life science organization
- Business acumen
- Team participation skills, a proven team player
- Sales experience desired
- Strong relationship building abilities both with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects at the same time
- Enthusiasm, drive, initiative and a can-do attitude is a prerequisite
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions and/or ideas.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as basic mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Proficient communication skills and web/internet/google browsing experience
- Demonstrated success in current role
- Willing to further education/knowledge in product management
- Travel required will be 20% able to travel domestically & internationally, flexibility in last minute travel arrangements necessary
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top