Principal Financial Analyst
Summary This position will be part of a fast paced, experienced team responsible for the financial operations and planning within DAS, a division of PerkinElmer, Inc. Responsibilities:
- Direct support of the Global territorys in the preparation of monthly and quarterly operating review with a focus on revenue, orders, backlog and forecast linearity and accuracy.
- Develops solutions to broad and complex problems requiring regular use of independent problem solving, ingenuity and creativity.
- Act as a business partner to senior Regional leaders to analyze financial results, identify trends, and develop long term projections.
- Provide financial analytics, commentary and recommendations to both Finance and Divisional senior management.
- Support operational financial reporting for the Global DAS division and assist with the preparation of materials for presentation to the division President.
- Provide analytical support to regional managers around sales performance (revenue, bookings, backlog on a periodic basis).
- Establish key performance indicators in support of regional sales plans.
- Develop focus within sales reporting and dashboard analysis focused on each territory.
- Support the development of the annual operating plan and strategic goal setting process with a focus on development of the revenue, order forecasts and selling expense.
- Key partner with sales operations and corporate compensation resources to design and execute on incentive compensation plans within sales and service
- Provide cross functional support and alignment within the DAS finance team to ensure consistent financial modeling and collaboration on initiatives.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally to train and provide technical supervision to less experienced financial representatives.
- Participate, as needed, in process improvement initiatives across businesses focused on improving forecast accuracy, cost savings & selling effectiveness.
- Support ad hoc analysis as required, including: corporate requests, pricing analysis and profitability metrics within region
Job Requirements :
- Requires a BS degree in Finance or Accounting 8-10 years of experience in business facing FP&A role
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills
- Proficient in HFM, SAP, Business Objects and Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience within the Life Sciences industry preferred
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top