Portfolio Director- Chromatography
The Portfolio Director for Chromatography is responsible for driving the innovation and growth of PerkinElmer's global strategy. The Portfolio Director's responsibilities include P and L accountability as well as leading a team of product managers and application specialists in addressing the strategic and daily responsibilities of the life cycle of commercialized products. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing product and solution plans to optimize the product portfolio and be able to develop tactical plans to meet profitable objectives of the Chromatography business. Responsibilities also include revenue forecasting and yearly global AOP setting, new product commercialization, product pricing and annual pricing review and execution on pricing changes, product line optimization, sales team training engagement, customer problem resolution, and inventory and operations planning.
- Portfolio P&L ownership of the Chromatography business across instruments, consumable & Service
- Set strategic direction and drive execution on PL product strategy, roadmaps and margin improvement actions
- Leadership to the Product Management and Applications Specialists to deliver on product life cycle management profitability needs.
- Together with PLLs own marketing awareness and lead generation strategy and execution
- Cross functional execution on Financial targets, quality and margin improvement initiatives
- Assess business to implement recovery plans and execution on near term opportunities
- Accountable for the 5 year revenue plan for Chromatography portfolio
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs to resolve customer product challenges
- Maintains a high performing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training top talent
- Maintains product management staff job results by coaching, counseling, monitoring, and appraising performance
- Identify market and competitive trends that are impacting product portfolio sales revenue through revenue analysis and collaborating with strategic marketing team on market analyses
- Contribute to marketing programs and work with marcom, sales and strategic marketing team for implementation of programs
- Develop global product pricing and global product discounting strategies to grow or maintain market position
- Drive continuous improvement processes cross functionally for new product commercialization to shorten time to product availability
- Contributor for website improvements, focusing on customer facing engagement
- Continue to develop and grow our strong base of existing customers by further penetrating existing customers with new products or reposition existing products and capabilities
Job Requirements :
- BS degree in life sciences; preferred area would include Chemistry and/or Biology. MBA and PhD are both highly desirable.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in Product Management or related fields in Life Sciences, preferably experience of at least 2 years in leading a product management team.
- Proven ability to develop strategic plans that meet business and customer needs
- Successful track record leading a business unit within a high growth organization
- Experience in instrumentation and product life cycle management
- Strong business acumen, analytical and influencing skills required
- Demonstrated influencer and strong decision making capabilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, an absolute must; formal presentation skills a definite plus.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goal / results orientation and strong communication skills
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top