Summary The ideal candidate will participate in a fast paced team environment to manage the flow of processing orders, managing/communicating dates and running reports. They must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organization skills are required as well as the ability to manage multiple open tasks / issues and ensure they are kept current and up to date. Responsibilities:
- Receive and process customer orders via email.
- Handle inquires via telephone or email.Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers in order to manage information and the timely resolution of issues.
- Review customer orders to ensure they meet the requirements to preserve and protect PerkinElmer's interest.
- Work closely with Planning, Manufacturing, Distribution, Sales, Field Service, Service, Tech Support, and System Integration to ensure our customer's needs are met and PerkinElmer's business practices are followed.
- Utilize SAP to perform research relative to billing/shipping addresses, incoterms, freight codes, shipping instructions, ship dates, correct part numbers, and pricing.
- Write work instructions and use them for cross training and reference document.
- Work on special project teams as needs arise.
Job Requirements :
- Requires an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Data entry experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective writing of correspondence with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to handle multiple open tasks / issues at one time prioritizing urgent times and insuring timely follow up on all open items to ensure that they are closed quickly.
- Must be able to comfortably work in a fast paced team environment. Demonstrates a professional rapport with customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate a familiarity and/or ability to adapt to systems such as SAP and Microsoft Packages.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top