OneSource Safety/Quality Manager
Job Purpose: The Safety/Quality Manager will perform functions to manage all aspects of the safety, quality and environmental programs, including but not limited to development, implementation, compliance, training, and reporting for the client site locations in CA, MA, RI, Puerto Rico and British Columbia, Canada.
Core Job Duties:
- Ensure that operations are executed in compliance with all safety, health, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programs and processes
- Facilitate the development of a site-wide annual EHS training plan, quality plan and ensure compliance
- Develop and administer all aspects of the safety programs that empower employee participation in all areas of the OneSource Program
- Develop safety and environmental risk assessments and develop/implement appropriate controls
- Conduct hazard analysis for any new product or process
- Maintain hazard analysis and risk assessment records in accordance with all regulatory and customer requirements
- Establish, conduct, and manage safety, quality and environmental audit processes
- Prepare, maintain, and submit all required safety, quality and environmental reports and permits
- Serve as corporate liaison for all outside local, state, and federal regulatory agencies and company vendors associated with safety, quality and environmental programs
- Participate in the incident investigation process, including root cause analysis and identification of corrective action plans
- Coordinate contractor safety program
- Participate as team member to ensure all aspects of the OneSource program are up to date and in compliance
- Research and communicate new environmental and worker safety rules and regulations to appropriate management personnel
- Create and/or update internal safety and environmental policies as needed
- Facilitate/support safety committees and regular safety meetings
Job Requirements :
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 3+ years environmental and worker safety experience; in Pharma/Biotech preferred
- Experience in strategic planning, policy development and hazard recognition
- Knowledgeable in federal, state and local regulatory requirements for air, water and land environmental and OSHA
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong training and coaching skills
- Proficient with various computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office
Work Conditions: Laboratory setting as well as need to spend time in/around loading dock areas. Some travel to other sites.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift/maneuver 25lbs packages; ability to move throughout lab and loading dock.
Specific Position Duties: Work closely with Client facility and laboratory personnel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top