OneSource, Project Manager Leader
This is a leadership positon requiring a variety of skills. The candidate must be a seasoned Project Manager, expected to support a team of project managers and be a program ambassador / diplomat, comfortable interfacing with customers at many levels. Must be comfortable in a fast paced environment, balancing multiple, complex projects. The 4 key must have attributes are – leadership, exceptional work ethic, attention to detail and to be polished with customers.
The goal for the successful candidate is to lead the Project Managers, for our rapidly growing Professional Services (PS) business within OneSource (OS). These projects (primarily lab relocations, computer system validations) are episodic and have to be initiated and executed quickly. No two projects are alike, meaning a depth of Project Management tools and techniques are required for success, including skills in continuous improvement around processes and lessons learned. Resource management and scheduling expertise are needed.
Ideal candidates should have a combination of professional experiences, academic achievement, proficiency in a variety of Project Management tools and applications, and an ability to "make the complex simple" for our internal and external customers and stakeholders. Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader is a "must have".
Primary responsibilities include:
- Hiring, onboarding, initial and ongoing training, including all aspects of compensation and performance review responsibilities, as well as training on the PS processes.
- The short term, episodic nature of these projects requires understanding, developing and using flexible HR solutions.
- Allocating resources across current and future projects due to needs and expertise within the team.
- Acting as primary escalation for all Project Management issues with internal and external customers.
- Working closely with the Practice Managers to understand the project pipeline and priorities.
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in the PS businesses to translate into smooth project execution, standard customer reporting on project progress, and meeting all project financial targets.
- Experience with resource management and master scheduling are keys for the episodic nature of this business.
- Working with customer, establish metrics and KPI reporting format and cadence.
- Establish and lead the weekly internal team project reviews and attend as needed, the customer facing operational team of program stakeholders to review, and report on all aspects of a project - specific action items and continuous improvement projects to ensure smooth project execution and provide crisp connection to PerkinElmer back office teams.
- Travel to customer sites, early on to complete walk through activities or on an as needed basis to provide leadership support in customer facing meetings.
- Refine processes that correlate with the customer's requirements for all aspects of the OS PS projects, including invoicing, change control, opportunities to expand program scope, managing service providers, and leveraging links into the customer's internal communication processes.
- Leadership role in identifying and leading continuous improvement of operational performance and documenting processes.
This role works closely with the PS Practice Managers and business leader, PMO leader and the field based staff located on-site (at the customer location) and on-hand staff (located regionally), admins and coordinators, field service leaders, around all aspects that lead to the success of these projects to deliver high customer satisfaction.
Job Requirements :
- 7+ years project experience in a Service related industry; science–based industry experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Demonstrable resource and schedule management plus continuous improvement expertise.
- Must possess "a leadership presence" at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.Being an energetic, engaged & common sense leader is a "must have".
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of applications, PowerPoint, Word and Project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple, complex projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level work ethic and organizational skills is a "must have". Willing to roll up your sleeves to assist when projects require management support.
- Someone with the ability to suggest solutions to problems in parallel with escalating issues.
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Team Management skills with an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a "must have".
- Project Management Professional Certification or demonstrable experience coupled with a commitment to become Project Management Professional certified within 6 months.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Travel as required, likely 25% - 30%.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top