One Source Site Based Account Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to help ensure complete customer satisfaction with PerkinElmer by providing non-technical and basic technical support to customers contacting the OneSource site staff via telephone, e-mail fax or other electronic system. Key Responsibilities
Identify & Respond to Customer Inquiries. Acknowledge the customer, determine the nature of the call and provide a client focused first point of contact to answer customer inquires, establish service calls, or refer customers to other service professionals within PerkinElmer in a way that demonstrates a commitment to total customer satisfaction. Initiate outgoing calls focused on requesting and expediting requests for service and scheduling of activities with other Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) and Independent Service Providers (ISP's). Coordinate with OneSource Contract Buyers and Global Services Procurement Leader for all vendor service contract Purchase Orders. Coordinate with the Site Leader for all Time & Material Purchase Orders. On a daily basis, the Site Based Account Coordinator Leader will provide the following services to PerkinElmer customers:
General Customer Inquiries/Interaction:
- Respond to inquiries re: service delivery dates, service levels & PM scheduling.
- As appropriate, refer the caller to the correct internal professional in a manner that ensures the most effective escalation, transfer or reassignment path to bring problems or inquiries to a satisfactory resolution as determined by the customer.
- Monitor & respond to phone, email, voicemail, web portal and fax to ensure requests are responded to according to established standards, providing resolution for non-technical inquiries.
- Understands the site issue escalation procedure and utilizes as necessary.
- Follows process for providing customer satisfaction surveys to the instrument user, per site guidelines.
- Process service requests and follow-up transactions, closing calls after confirmation with end user that work is complete and equipment is back in service.
- Identify Customer's instrument/system-based or technical need & ensure that call is routed to the proper internal professional or outside primary service provider for resolution.
- Collect proper customer data and information for account creation and maintenance (Adds, deletions, entitlement changes, chargebacks, etc.) and provide to OneSource contracts team for action. Maintain asset numbers and equipment stickers for assets included in the program.
- Review and schedule PM's and other entitlements/compliance activities (OQ, PQ and validation) routing to Customer Support Engineers or outside primary service provider as appropriate, working to schedule out 60-90 days in advance of required events.
- Monitor & respond to phone, email, voicemail, web portal and fax to ensure requests for above services are responded to according to established service levels in the Statement of Work.
- Input data from Field Service Reports (FSR's) to the Managed Maintenance System (MMS),and customer system if required, assuring that start and stop dates and times are correct.
Purchase Order Creation:
- Identify Customer's instrument/system-based or technical need & ensure that required documentation is secured prior to Purchase Order release; create purchase orders using the Authority Matrix for PO approval as a guide, meeting deadlines. Data entry is accurate and errors minimal.
- Confirms that the service provider understands general billing requirements for payment including purchase order use, high cost repairs, invoicing address, service report and invoice requirements.
Supplier Qualification and Interaction:
- Identifies and initiates the vendor qualification process for new vendors.
- Prepare and route Supplier Qualification Package to Service Providers (OEM or TPV).
- Review and evaluate supplier responses for completeness prior to submitting to Global Services Procurement Leader.
- Maintains a database of key supplier information for daily use.
- Meet service providers to provide site access. Escort to the instrument and introduce engineer to lab personnel. Escort the engineer back out of the site, after confirming work is complete and service report has been provided.
- Ability to articulate with technically oriented people and establish rapport quickly, gain their confidence, respect and trust.
- Communicates timely program information to selected service providers to ensure satisfactory delivery of acquired services and materials.
- Discusses troubleshooting/repair situations with service providers or customers, in a professional, cost effective manner, utilizing poise, tact and diplomacy to obtain cooperation and results.
- Communicates at least weekly with site staff and Support Center Leader regarding open requests and activities to achieve closure.
- Escalates problems to manager or the appropriate program leader or customer program contact for strategy development and participation as appropriate.
- Follow up to ensure that all questions/requests/customer commitments are responded to or resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
Job Requirements :
- B.A/B.S. Degree or 3+ years of experience in a team-based customer service and procurement environment. Scientific or analytical background or familiarity with lab operations a plus.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual; organized with good time management skills.
- Bias for action and high level of commitment to customer.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Excel, Word, and Outlook. SAP experience desirable.
- Understanding of purchase order, billing and invoice processes.
- Language: English
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top