Summary PerkinElmer is a worldwide leader in chemical analysis instrumentation including laboratory chromatography and portable chromatography-mass spectrometry systems. The Company's instruments and accessories offer a broad range of technologies for detection of chemicals in food, environment, industry and government applications. This Mechanical Engineer will play an important role in the development and expansion of our chromatography and portable gas chromatography-mass spectrometry instrumentation. Responsibilities:
- Mechanical Engineering R&D team member supporting both research and development of next generation chromatography and portable gas chromatography-mass spectrometry instrumentation products and accessories.
- Perform feasibility studies, modeling, simulation, and analysis of new or modified designs.
- Develop innovative and cost-effective solutions to market requirements.
- Conceptualize, model, detail, and document new products, modifications to legacy products, and new product accessories.
- Communicate effectively with engineers, scientists, customers and colleagues.
- Use SolidWorks and simulation tools to design, generate and maintain product documentation including models, drawings, specifications, bills of material, and change orders.
- Follow the Product Life Cycle process including engineering document control procedures.
Job Requirements :
- Requires a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- M.S. or 3+ years of experience preferred.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks is required (Simulations/Flow Simulations experience desired).
- Very strong analytical and troubleshooting skills of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Electronics design knowledge desired
- Programming experience with C, C#, Verilog would be valuable.
- Experience in physic and chemistry preferred.
- The ability to design and execute experimental set-ups and assemble prototypes for testing is required.
- Operate standard tool room machinery such as drill press, lathe, and mill.
- A demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively is required.
- The desire to function as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team, excellent verbal and written communication, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
PERKINELMER IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top