Manager, QPS Contract Research Services
Summary: PerkinElmer is seeking an experienced Manager to join our Quantitative Pathology Solutions business (QPS), Contract Services, at the Center for Personalized Health and Innovation (cPHI) in Hopkinton, MA. Applicants should be well versed in immunohistochemistry (IHC) and immunofluorescence (IF) staining methods and microscopy, and have held leadership roles in IHC services laboratories for running research and clinical studies involving pathology and FFPE tissue sections. The successful candidate will be a member of dynamic team that provides services to pharma and biotech clients and to internal clients related to strategic projects. PerkinElmer provides staining with up to six antibodies utilizing our OPAL™ technology to provide unparalleled cellular/tissue imaging capabilities. The QPS Contract Services focuses on assay development and optimization, imaging of stained slides, and image analysis. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage laboratory services business, including hiring, training, and managing a staff of technicians and scientists, being responsible for operation, facilities maintenance and expansions, and budget.
- Manage and/or oversee relationships with clients
- Keep laboratory processes aligned with the PerkinElmer quality system
- Continue to improve laboratory methods and processes
- Serve as scientific lead on services projects, including ascertaining scientific objectives, proposing relevant analysis plans and discussing results
- Write and review or overseeing the writing and review of proposals, statements-of-work, and reports
- Meet scheduled completion dates and provide timely feedback when dates cannot be met.
- Demonstrate proactive and original thinking in execution of projects and in process improvement
- Collaborate with internal business functions to advance the Phenoptics product portfolio
Job Requirements :
- PhD or other advanced degree with 10 years post-doctoral experience in a Life Science, preferably with oncology and/or immunology experience.
- Extensive experience with IHC and IF staining methods, as well as, imaging of stained slides
- Three or more years operating an IHC services laboratory, such as an academic core lab, pathology services lab, or a microscopy services lab at a cancer center, involved in the performance of studies
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Team building/leadership/development
- Knowledge of immunohistochemical techniques
- Knowledge of oncology, immunology, and the interaction between the two
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with an ability to integrate clinical perspectives.
- Excellent team orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Digital pathology workflow experience is advantageous.
Additional skills that would be beneficial are: image analysis experience using VECTRA® and/or inForm® as well as programming experience in either MATLAB® or R.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top