- Ensure the consistent, timely delivery of orders to our Customers using various tools and metrics to gauge performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage daily Americas Large Pack Instrument shipments in conjunction with 3rd Party Logistics Provider (3PL) using cross-dock control file. Research and resolve exception shipments and coordinate shipments requiring "special handling".
- Coordinate Instrument Returns with Customers, PKI Field Staff, and our 3PL.
- Support and interface with Customers, 3PL Providers staff and management, PKI Manufacturing Sites, Customer Care, Finance, Sales & Service, Trade Compliance, Finance, Suppliers, Global Order Managers and others to enhance services to our end Customers and to meet our commitments
- Support regional logistics teams to improve global team performance and efforts.
- Communicate continually and effectively with internal / external customers.
- Enhance visibility to logistics related information and processes.
- Research and resolve logistics related challenges as they arise.
- Create / refine / update Logistics SOPs to meet ISO Standards and requirements.
- Organize, update, and improve the Global Logistics SharePoint website.
- Willingness and ability to perform and complete all duties & responsibilities as needed outside of "normal" business hours (i.e. early / late global conference calls and weekend efforts during "End Of Month" and "End of Quarter" periods).
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed to support Global Team efforts. (i.e. to PKI offices and / or 3PL sites)
- Perform routine track and trace including providing PODs.
- Participate in various continuous improvement projects.
- Create, collect, and analyze key logistics metrics and reports
Job Requirements :
- 1- 3 years of experience in Logistics
- Knowledge of customer order / import / export / distribution processes and policies.
- Ability to effectively communicate and engage with all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Interact effectively & respectfully in a global, multilingual, multicultural environment.
- Ability to allocate time and resources efficiently and to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Strong skills in problem solving, communicating, and training.
- SAP (or a similar ERP system) knowledge is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Software.
- Capable of working independently to prioritize tasks and resolve problems.
- Strong bias for action and result orientated approach to tackle tough problems and to meet firm deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / Logistics
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top