Position Title: Linux/Windows Administrator
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications. This position requires knowledge of, and experience with, Windows OS and Linux, in order to diagnose issues and manage the applications, but does not require day-to-day management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.)
- Provide Level 2-3 support for applications hosted on Windows (required), Linux (required)
- Gather requirements from users for enhancements or patches
- Install application enhancements
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Perform unit testing
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting
- Coordinate with other support teams within the organization.
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or monitor/verify OS patches or upgrades
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with scientific applications (ELN (major vendors), Pipeline Pilot, Spotfire, Columbus, 4D, Java) desired
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Life Science or Technical field
- 2+ years Windows administration experience
- 2+ years Linux experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities; ability to deal with and resolve conflicts
- Previous in-lab experience desired.
- 2+ years Linux administration experience
Special skills and Required Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer's site safety code.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top