Laboratory Support Analyst-Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
Job Title: Laboratory Support Analyst-Must have Pharmaceutical domain experience
Location: RTP NC
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- The Laboratory Computing & Scientific Service Specialist is responsible for providing IT and Lab related support services at a client's facility.
Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Build and maintain a working relationship with lab owners and management;
- Respond to freezer alarm calls (24/7);
- Ship and Receive samples across different sites;
- Maintain a laboratory notebook [PAPER or ELECTRONIC] for all samples processed;
- Inventory management for Analytical Development ;
- Organize and Maintain Freezer space;
- Organize and Track Retains;
- Run LIMS Report of sample retains;
- Tabulate Raw Data;
- Order solutions through Development Support;
- Co-ordinate Pipette calibration;
- Order and Manage Lab coats and Specialty Lab Coats;
- Archive Paper and Files in Iron Mountain;
- Request repairs of lab Instruments (24/7 coverage);
- Aliquot Reference and Standards;
- Maintain Tissue Culture Room;
- Maintain Bioreactors and Agitators.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Life Science or a minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments and software;
- Achievement oriented;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems;
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and initiative;
- Ability to multitask and support various group of users;
- Ability to manage one's time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives;
- Defined work week is 40 hours, the range of hours may vary based on client's needs;
- Provide support for other client and PerkinElmer groups as requested.
- Lab Environment MUST need to follow Personal Protective Equipment and Safety Polices; Office Environment.
- The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions;
- The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and talking or hearing; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Specific Position Duties
- Provides on-call response support for client site;
- Will participate in an on-call response rotation with requirement to respond to client issues outside of normal work hours;
- Response may be provided online or may require employee to report to client site to respond to issue.
Benefits at PerkinElmer
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan / Job training and professional development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top