Laboratory IT Systems Coordinator
The Laboratory IT Systems Coordinator is part of the OneSource Services team, and will be based on-site at our Client's facility to be responsible for the "IT" Lab Support for that facility.
The candidate must be an outgoing individual and who is experienced in various lab environments.
OneSource Information Services
Our OneSource Information Services team is the only global life sciences organization that brings science and IT together to fully understand how a laboratory workflow works. Part of our comprehensive OneSource® Laboratory Services offering, OneSource Information Services helps labs optimize their scientific productivity at the intersection of instruments, computing, and software with effective use of information technology. These solutions combine scientific and technical expertise with well-structured project management and IT process methodologies to create predictable, measurable IT outcomes regardless of instrument technology or manufacturer.
Our customer is a leading science and technology company delivering life-transforming medicines for serious diseases.
- Working seamlessly with the client's corporate IT team
- Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams and Management.
- Proactively support the lab environment
- Document procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Coordinates and works with outside vendors, with preventative maintenances, requires 6 hours of process area presence, to include gowning.
- Maintain daily client communications
- Participate in client team meetings
- Listens actively and communicates promptly and effectively with users regarding IT issues. Provides timely follow-up.
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved via normal support channels. Acts as an interface between business and corporate IT teams.
- Conduct annual and bi-annual reviews of equipment in the labs and process areas
- Conduct instrument maintenance based on the client's SOPs.
- Review and execute validated documents related to software and instrumentation in the environment
- Blue Mountain work stream documentation and work status updates
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 3-5 years' of relevant professional experience
- 2-5 years experience of IT helpdesk environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in lab / clean room environment.
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments and software
- Experience in a validated environment – GmP and GxP best practices an advantage.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Full training on instrument software will be given.
- Communication – strong verbal and written skills.
- Committed to Customers – professional, good listening and problem solving skills.
- Results Focused – Able to manage own time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives.
- Good at multi-tasking.
- Teamwork – collaborative, but able to use own initiative
% of Travel Required : None
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top