Lab Computing Service - Empower Change Control
Position Title: Lab Computing Service – Empower Change Control
Location: Rensselaer, NY
Type of Assignment: Temp to Hire
The OneSource Lab Computing IT Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, of manufacturing equipment, chrome skids, and validation/compliance services. This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the installation and configuration of Empower 3 LAC/e computers in client laboratory space.
- Manage and resolve tier 3 & 4 Empower issues.
- Manage On-boarding of new equipment.
- Proactively monitor the environment.
- Follow GmP and GxP best practices
- Create and edit validated documents related to the Empower 3 environment
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one's time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including
- Excellent in managing teams.
- Experience with scientific instrumentations.
- Problem solving, proven customer relationship and communication skills, and team behaviors
Special skills and Required Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer's site safety code.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top