Lab Ambassador Hybrid
Job Purpose: Perform a hybrid role completing customer requested services and a Lab Ambassador per the Amgen LAMP agreement.
Hybrid: Perform cleaning of various low end instruments, and provide calibration and maintenance of low end instruments
Lab Ambassador: Provide active "high touch" support for the scientist community of designated functional group(s) at designated account and general administrative support for the on-site service engineers and technicians. Coordinate and communicate with end users regarding all aspects of OneSource Asset Management program, including service call initiation, scheduling maintenance, inventory data integrity, escorting of vendors for "managed" activities, safety and day-to-day lab operations.
Core Job Duties:
- Instrument cleaning: incubators, bio-safety cabinets and water baths.
- Calibration and maintenance of balances, plate washers, pH meters, MACSVybe, ViCell. Deice freezer gaskets, defrost freezers and clean freezer filters.
- Primary liaison for SAP and Maximo work order requests and tracking.
- Check-in and check-out service providers on site.
- Expedite service from OEM and third party service providers and execute escalation procedures as necessary.
- Ensure required PM and validation calls are assigned as per SOW.
- Review, verify, and confirm SAP and Maximo are in sync.
- Coordination of instrument "on-boarding" and disposition to ensure full instrument lifecycle is managed.
- Act as back-up call center resource for LAMP program.
- Enter data into Maximo and / or SAP system, including work order and purchase order creation as well as accurate asset information.
- Close completed service orders and monitor open service orders to minimize delays in service.
- Interact and communicate with client personnel via face-to-face, telephone and email.
- File and retrieve quality documents within auditable system.
- Accountable for SAP and Maximo data integrity through Move-Add-Change Process (MAC) and continuous inventory checks.
- Provide first level of response for service order requests in the lab to help ensure technical staff arrives prepared.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Two or more years of administrative and customer service experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical R&D chemistry lab operations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service via face-to-face, telephone and email
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in use of SAP / Maximo systems preferred and MS Office Suite, with advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize multi requests with different levels of urgency.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry.
Work Conditions: Lab Setting
Physical Requirements: Active in lab environment; use of phone and computer.
The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific Position Duties: Work closely with Client facility and laboratory personnel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top