Intern - Core Chemistry
ChemDraw has been the world's leading chemical drawing package for 30 years. Our team is working on making sure it remains that way by addressing how the new emerging technologies in the information science world will impact the current offerings. We are moving towards "ChemDraw Everywhere" and want to make it available for every platform and device. We also want to maintain the other software applications in our suite (Chem3D, ChemFinder, etc.) The successful candidate will be part of a software development team chartered with making "ChemDraw Everywhere" a reality, working in close conjunction with other development teams and domain experts across the globe which have integrated ChemDraw into their applications.
The goal of the internship is to improve the accuracy and scope of the Structure to Name and Name to Structure functions in ChemDraw. The result will be in next release of ChemDraw product distributing worldwide. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the 2013 IUPAC Naming Recommendations,
- Understand how the current implementations work.
- Devise new implementation that can be proven correct
- Develop automatic tests
- Present findings and progress to the team
Job Requirements :
- 2+ years of Bachelors/Master/PHD level in Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry or equivalent
- 2+ years software development experience in C++, C#/.NET and Windows technologies
- Familiar with software development tools such as Visual Studio and Github.
- Good written and communication skills
- Authorized to work in The US.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top