Instrument Commissioner – Production – Global Operations
Responsible mainly for the hardware testing of triple quadrupole mass spectrometers.
This position is responsible mainly for the calibration and testing of integrated hardware (mass spectrometers), including testing of electronics modules, fault finding and failure analysis and verification and validation testing. Assembly work of highly complex assemblies is also required should the commissioning workload be low.
This position reports to the Operations Manager for Global Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs Commissioning tests, recording results under the ISO 13485 framework.
- Use a variety of tools to test voltages, gas flows, and temperature
- Must set up computers, load and set up software and settings for analytical instruments
- Assembles and repairs various highly complex technical electromechanical assemblies.
- Tests the functionality of equipment and its sub-assemblies and takes accuracy, sensitivity, and selectivity measurements.
- Assists the Engineering staff in refining test protocols and design of equipment.
- Familiar with standard production concepts, practices, and procedures within the manufacturing field.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish daily/weekly goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Support/Follow company Health & Safety working procedures and policies.
- Maintenance of the Production workstation equipment and environment.
- Daily 5S.
- Operate under Lean Manufacturing Principles in an ISO13485 environment.
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
Job Requirements :
Electronic, Mechanical, or Instrumentation technician/technologist certificate or equivalent. Instrumentation tech. preferred.
0 – 2 years of experience in the field or a related area
- Experience in testing of integrated electromechanical systems
- Experience with use of DVMs, flow rotameters, temperature readings
- Must be computer savvy, understanding installation of operating systems, software and driver installations efficiently.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical drawings/schematics.
- Ability to handle high pace environment
- Deadline driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and other hourly associates in a fast pace environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Production Environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs
DIRECT REPORTS: None
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top