Inside Sales Representative, Informatics
The Informatics Inside Sales Representative will act as consultative sales professional working closely with a team of Key Account Sales Specialists, Telesales Specialists and the Regional Sales Manager. They will plan and conduct outbound calling and/or correspondence to targeted prospects and clients; qualify high-level opportunities identified by the Telesales team; up-sell and cross-sell into the client base to expand the business. Position partners closely with the regional sales team to effectively drive business in the region. This position plays a key support role and will work closely with the regional sales team to execute a defined outreach strategy to penetrate defined accounts to meet assigned business objectives and sales quota.
- Work closely with key account sales team to align daily activities and practices to effectively meet assigned business objectives and quota in strategic approach
- Communicate effectively over the phone, in writing, and in person within the context of a highly-professional, technical/clinical, consultative inside sales environment. Interprets messages and responds appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ability to identify critical actions and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Document and track all leads, contacts, opportunities, and activity history consistently and in accordance with best practices within the Salesforce.com
- Conduct planning and research using a variety of database, internet, and industry tools, demonstrating clear understanding of client stakeholders and requirements and matching to the proposed solution
- Collaborate with the regional sales on tactics to meet business objectives regarding opportunity development and closed business
- Negotiate and find effective solutions to questions, requests, and/or points of conflict with both clients and internal stakeholders with a focus on mutual benefit and lasting relationships
- Demonstrate technical capacity to understand sales tools (Web, database, CRM, Order Management, reports) and be able to effectively articulate technical and/or clinical information in an easily understood manner
Job Requirements :
- 2-4 years in a successful sales experience in a life science market place
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in a life science discipline
- Inside sales experience, account planning and research, CRM tracking and reports, past experience with assigned accounts or territory with an associated sales quota related to both existing and new business. Familiarity with SFDC a plus.
- Strong analytical and customer service skills complimented by an aggressive and solutions-oriented track record in sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and execute innovative approaches to selling products and services.
- Highly-motivated with a winning attitude, thrives in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities according to business requirements
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top