Summary: This person in this position performs duties and has responsibilities that support the implementation of the Radiation Protection Program implemented to ensure worker safety, protection of the environment and compliance with the requirements of the regulations promulgated by the MA Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the radioactive materials license issued by the MDPH for both the Boson and Billerica sites. Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform radiation surveys in restricted and unrestricted areas using radiation/contamination instrumentation and associated equipment;
- Conduct periodic audits and assessment, including identification of ancillary hazards, remediation of hazards, and survey documentation for radiological conditions;
- Participate in emergency training and responds to site radiological emergencies
- Prepare data for evaluating radiological investigations
- Maintain/calibrate portable and fixed radiological monitoring equipment
- Perform daily effluent monitoring, bioassay processing and other routine Radiation Protection tasks
- Provide technical recommendations to site managers and employees to minimize radiation hazards.
- Prepare evaluations and reports of RP program data as requested.
- Evaluate radiological hazards and requirements for conduct of routine and non-routine operations.
- While primary job location is at the Boston site, will be required to periodically provide support at the Billerica, MA site performing similar duties.
Job Requirements :
- 1-5 years of technical experience working in a Radiation Safety program;
- Associate's degree in Nuclear Engineering Technology or related discipline or Bachelor'sdegree in science or engineering. Applicable experience (as determined by the hiring manager) may be substituted for education requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of radiation protection concepts will be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and strong written and verbal communication skills are preferred
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- May be necessary to spend several hours per day on feet in a laboratory environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top