Global Social Media Strategy Manager
The Global Social Media Strategy Manager is responsible for building PerkinElmer's reputation across social channels by driving awareness, leadership, influence and engagement. This role will be responsible for developing and evolving PerkinElmer's global social media strategy and tactics to align with the Company's reputation goals and industry best practices. This person will manage our social media efforts throughout a variety of social networks, develop metrics, and monitor our effectiveness in these channels. This position will support planning and strategies for PerkinElmer's corporate, business, and regional teams. The Global Social Media Strategy Manager reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, and will manage a team of two social media specialists.
- Serves as global lead for PerkinElmer's corporate, business, and regional social media initiatives by collaborating with marketing and communications stakeholders to provide counsel and to stay current on their social media programs and activities
- Responsible for defining and evolving PerkinElmer's global external social media strategy which may include, but not limited to, the following initiatives: influencer engagement, thought leadership, company blogs, employee advocacy/brand ambassadors, social selling, executive positioning, business campaigns
- Leads channel and content strategy and management of corporate-level external communities and social networks around the world.For product-level involvement in these communities, the social media strategist will help marcom managers with training and coordination to ensure consistent approach, but marcom managers will own product-level content
- Establish listening program in key topic areas and develop plans to engage in external conversations, in line with thought leadership and corporate reputation objectives
- Define and develop appropriate guidelines, policies
- Write and edit content for social media as needed and ensure alignment and consistency with brand voice across channels
- Institute appropriate social media metrics and measurements aimed at measuring the success of PerkinElmer's social media strategy for corporate- and business-generated content and campaigns
- Lead cross-business and –functional social media teams to ensure cohesion.May include stakeholder meetings, summits, workshops, marcom training, and employee education/training
- Update and maintain social media intranet site for employees across the organization
- Responsible for staying abreast of social media trends.Participates in the most prominent corporate social media industry associations to learn, share, and ensure progress.
- Approves exceptions to policies, escalating policy issues with long term or high cost impact.
- Recommends department-specific policies and procedures and implements those that have been approved.
- Responsible for team development, budget development/management/approvals
Job Requirements :
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of marketing or communications experience with 3+ years of social media experience preferably in B2B health, pharma, or biotech in an agency and/or corporate environment
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, English, communications or similar
- Proven experience and success in key social communities (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube)
- Experience managing teams of direct reports
- Success at leading cross-functional and –business teams
- Able to develop working relationships with blogger communities
- Proven ability to write concise, attention grabbing copy for a variety of audiences that conveys key messages and is brand-appropriate
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Proven and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish clear directions based on objectives, communicating well with others on the progress of work and results
- Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to work juggle multiple tasks and priorities as well as strong follow-through
- Solid team player; a self-starter, highly motivated and the ability to take initiative
- Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills required
- Travel requirements may be 10%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top