Global Sales Head- PerkinElmer Genetics
The Sales leader will be responsible for leading the field-based sales management team and all operations related to PKIG Sales Force. Reporting to the VP and CSO of Global Laboratory Services, the sales leader oversee the development of strategic and tactical sales plans, and execute those plans to meet or exceed sales goals. The Sales leader will drive U.S. sales planning and results via talent recruitment and performance management of the sales force, strategy development and execution, resource planning and allocation, and alliance management. Finally, the Sales leader is accountable for achieving results in a compliant manner with all PKIG business guidelines, as well as U.S. CLIA/CAP regulations.
- Develop and execute comprehensive strategic and tactical plans to support the short and long-term sales and revenue plans of the organization. Work closely with the marketing and laboratory operations teams to provide the appropriate level of input, as well as ensure the successful implementation of the related plans.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with multiple coalition partners for genetic testing in order to ensure alliance, collaboration and successful outcomes, as appropriate.
- Determine ideal field placement and incentive plans in collaboration for the account executives.
- Develop, implement, and monitor and report performance for the sales organization against key performance metrics. Adjust metrics and targets, as appropriate.
- Provide strong leadership and coaching to people managers, including the development of the talent pipeline. Establish performance management criteria and conduct performance reviews / coaching, with the goal of achieving the highest possible level of sales performance and developing talent for the future.
- Partner closely with the managed markets and reimbursement teams to ensure the coordination of priorities and efforts between the payer and sales groups.
- Manage the budget and expenses for the U.S. sales team so that both adequately support short- and long-term plans.
- Travel with Account Executives understand the needs and/or problems of key customers / customer groups, and to ensure that sales strategies and actions will meet their needs; in addition, monitor the performance of the sales team while in the field.
- Lead the creation and oversight of business planning and related systems being used by sales leaders.
Job Requirements :
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in diagnostic-related sales (some experience in esoteric laboratory testing is preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience leading diversified regional or national teams with successful results
- Strong business acumen, including the ability to build solid regional or national business plans based on analysis of key performance metrics and an understanding of market place issues/opportunities, and the ability to identify areas of opportunity for company products and services
- Strong desire and ability to develop relationships with, collaborate with, and influence coalition partners
- Able to make decisions and provide leadership in equivocal situations
- Proven track record of using multiple data points / sources simultaneously to create a holistic understanding of the business, and to develop appropriate strategies and actions
- Customer-focused consultative selling skills
- Knowledge of managed care and other health care-related current events such as FDA LDT and NGS regulatory changes
- Demonstrated ability to learn product and disease-state information
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-energy organization
- High level of integrity and adherence to all CLLA/ CAP and HIPAA compliance guidelines
- Ability to create a motivating and goal-focused environment that enables account executives to achieve sales targets in the optimal manner
- Manage budget and resources within the scope of the company business model and expense policy guidelines
- Willingness to travel up to 50%. International travel may be required.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top