Global Marketing Manager of the Signals Platform
Maximize the worldwide commercial success and competitiveness of the Signals Platform by formulating and executing marketing strategies that result in PerkinElmer™ Informatics becoming the Clear 1st Choice for informatics products and services globally.
The Global Marketing lead for the Signals Platform develops a robust market-based Positioning, Business & Strategic Plan for the product's success through concrete and executable plans for each of the 4Ps of marketing:
- Promotions (content marketing, marketing mix, messaging, press releases)
- Pricing (guidelines that enable the long-term success of "on premise" and cloud/SaaS products)
- Place (determination of direct, value-added reseller and digital marketing channels)
- Product (long-term product roadmap investments and gaps to success)
Successful Global Marketing leaders exemplify Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus (near term and multi-year) and demonstrate commitment to Entrepreneurial spirit and Teamwork with the highest standards of Ethics & Integrity.
- Formulate and drive the market-based Positioning/Business Plan for the Signals Platform through systematic assessment of market needs via formal and informal primary and secondary market research
- Co-lead the evangelization of strategically-important new customers and thought leaders (e.g.., associations) regarding the value of the Signals Platform in collaboration with the Business Segment Leader
- Promotional content and strategy, including:
- Lead content development and messaging in collaboration with Marketing Communications and Regions / Field Application Scientists
- Develop customer-facing analytical models (e.g., Total Cost of Ownership, benefits vs customers)
- Lead development and deployment of training for sales representatives and value-added resellers in tight collaboration with Regions / Field Application support staff
- Targetpromotion by customer segment, sub-industry, size/growth, application focus, and requirements
- Ensure consistent, multi-channel alignment of messaging
- Pricing guidelines that enable the long-term success and investment in the Signals Platform consistent with product positioning and investment/profitability requirements.
- Place (commercial channels):
- Determine the mix and scope of direct sales (Regions), value-added reseller and digital marketing channels for the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Plan timeframe (+3 years)
- Ensure that all channels receive the appropriate level of training and promotional content to ensure near-term and long-term commercial success
- Product portfolio analysis and product development interactions:
- Develop the investment roadmap for the related to the overall strategy and positioning of the for PerkinElmer™ Informatics.Investment roadmap would include organic investment (New Product Introductions, critical Service Packages), inorganic investment (acquisitions, equity investments) to evolve the product/service line consistent with the Strategic Plan
- Prioritization of the current/unmet needs of the marketplace and direct/indirect competitors over the Strategic Plan timeframe
- Work closely with, or act as (in absence of Product Manager), "product owner" in close collaboration with R&D
Job Requirements :
- Graduate degree (e.g., BS scientific or computer science discipline with MBA)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in using or deploying enterprise software solutions in life sciences
- Substantial expertise in analytics within a life science industry setting (R&D, manufacturing, commercial)
- Demonstrated success formulating and executing software marketing strategies resulting in commercial growth
- Demonstrated success in scaling and deploying new customer-focused services, solutions or software
- Effective leadership with strong demonstration of behaviors in Commitment to Customers, Action Orientation and Results Focus (http://www.perkinelmer.com/corporate/company/about-us/core-values.html)
- Experience with SaaS solutions and cloud offerings
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with effective presentation
- Up to 50% travel may be required with 30% being steady state.
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top