Global Market Segment Leader, Drug Discovery
Global Market Segment Leader to lead upstream marketing of discovery/preclinical portfolio within Research Reagent Solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead strategic marketing for the discovery portfolio within the Research Reagents Solutions business
- Manage upstream marketing activities from Voice of Customer (VOC) and market requirements to strategy development, technology/product roadmapping, and cross functional collaboration with R&D and other functions resulting in successful technology transfer of products
- Collaborate with Marketing Communications and colleagues within the business to develop value proposition and positioning statements for the core and new products within the portfolio
- Develop and deploy field training materials to support Product Management upon commercialization of new products. Participate in cross functional forums to support development of the product pipeline
- Commercially oversee and lead product development process, and assert that market/product requirements are met prior to commercialization
- Identify, recommend, and develop external collaborations and thought leader relationships to manage and effect technology assessment and platform development
Job Requirements :
- BS in Life Sciences and/or Business/Marketing with 4-6 years of experience, or MS/MBA with 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 4-6 years of product management and/or upstream marketing experience preferably including business development or portfolio management experience
- Strong team work and cross functional collaborations management (internal and external) experience is a must
- Previous experience in VOC, customer communication, market requirements gathering, product portfolio management, and value proposition development and positioning is highly desirable
- Global travel may be required up to 30% based on business needs
% of Travel Required : 20-30%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top