Global Account Manager
The role of Global Account Manager (GAM) is a critical role for the growth of the Company. There is considerable potential to grow the PKI market share worldwide with both new and existing customer accounts. This growth will come both from geographical expansion and from developing our sales networks in existing markets and partner channels. The GAM will be responsible for maximizing our sales revenue through a network of regional sales managers as well as developing direct customer account relationships at the VP level and within the C suite. The position will involve 50% travel. The role is suited to an Enterprise or Global Account experts with knowledge of the Life Science pre-clinical / clinical trial space. Proven track record and must be an organized sales professional, ability to gain the mindshare of his/her internal counterparts and must have worked in a similar role within the Life Science, Medical Device or Technology space.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop account based business plans leveraging PKI sales methodology for multiple product line that will drive attainment of company international sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare action plans or joint evaluation plans by accounts that are customer facing to help accelerate closing cycles.
- Engage PKI leadership to foster and drive executive customer relationships and sales.
- Provide timely feedback to leadership regarding deal strategy.This includes but not limited to deals at risk or strategy change.
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting.
- Provide proper updates and next steps within SFDC on a weekly basis.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing to customers and submit proper internal approvals.
- Create and conduct presentations to customers.
- Participate and lead RFP responses as it pertains to the One Source business.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Maintains contact with all customer contacts in the domestic / international market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.Quarterly meetings with the customer are required and will be coordinated by the GAM.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and regional account managers assist sales cycles where possible and help drive to closure at the highest level relationship within the Global account.
- Work with CRO and Channel Partners to position our products within the Global Account.
- Inform customers of marketing programs, digital content and customer events. Develop direct marketing campaigns that are customer specific.
- Maintain a 3x annual pipeline and achieve annual sales targets.
- Communicate monthly via email with the extended team regarding account trends, contacts and any global deal updates leveraging PKI sales methodology
- Hold quarterly internal meetings (remote) with the extended PKI sales team.The purpose of these meetings is to inform the extended team the account strategy, deal developments and set the bar for driving larger strategic deals. Create Agenda and ask for updates on current activities from attendees.
- Create and update briefing documentation for any executive leadership meeting.
- Ability to work with Legal and understand basic terms and how to position.
- Lead and coordinate RFP responses for One Source.
- Drive corporate and global governance within the account.
- Meet or exceed quota expectations.
Job Requirements :
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- The successful candidate shall be an energetic, effective, self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills who is able to excel in an international sales environment.
- Experience within the Life Science, Medical Device or Technology vertical.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (7+ years) is required.
- Technologically advanced and oriented. Must have above average computer and technical skills to navigate the communication barriers of frequent international travel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required
- Customer service oriented and organized.
- The proven ability to build and lead sales cycles within the account that he/she may have direct responsibility for.This would also include deals where there could be an overlay transaction.
- Must have a natural ability to engage in business relationships with individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of Technology sales, Enterprise Sales or SaaS is preferred.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top