Genomics Automation & Microfluidics Application Specialist
Seeking an individual to join PerkinElmer's Automation & Microfluidics Applications group. In support of the global automation & microfluidics business, the candidate will develop novel automated applications for use on PerkinElmer's Automated Liquid Handling & Microfluidics Platforms. The candidate will focus in the areas of Genomics, Next Generation Sequencing and Protein applications. In support of the marketing organization, this individual will also generate data for use in marketing material, technical briefs, seminars, and workshops. The individual will serve as technical lead in conducting customer demonstrations for a range of PerkinElmer automation and microfluidics products. The individual will be responsible for training global teams in supporting developed applications, The position will also support the PerkinElmer automation and microfluidics business's current customer base and work along with our customer support organization to provide application assistance and troubleshooting as needed.
Job Requirements :
- Applications Development
- Understands the overall process of Next Generation Sample Preparation, from QC of the initial samples through preparing samples to sequence.
- Understands the current DNA and RNA library preparation, methodologies used in today's market.
- Understands Exome capture, and the steps associated with this.
- Has an understanding of protein production and the QC process.
- Provide key technical input, consultation, and support for determination of current automated application modifications, and future application directions.
- Develop applications within strategic areas for deployment on standardized automation platforms
- Develop applications based scientific posters and presentations.
- Generation of application specific technical content for use by sales and marketing (Application notes and tech briefs).
- Organize and support customer demonstrations at PerkinElmer and Customer site as needed
- Represent PerkinElmer products and services at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Work with Field team to provide support to ensure the application is functioning correctly in the customer's hands.
- Trouble shoot applications related problems.
- Work with R&D to provide functional application requirements for new platforms
- Work closely with Product Marketing to define new product needs and to identify and implement new applications or reagents which may positively impact sales.
- Requires a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related area with minimum 5 years' industry experience. MS or PhD is preferred.
- Individual must have expertise in molecular biology or genomics including assay design, development and troubleshooting.
- Must be technically competent and have good people skills to work with a variety of diverse scientists/customers and as part of multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with PerkinElmer's Janus and/or Sciclone / Zephyr platforms is a plus, as well as the LabChip family of products.
- Approximately 15% travel requirement; primarily domestic and infrequent international travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top