First Level Software Support - Intern
Role Purpose: Support queue management and ticket assignment
Span of Control: Position reporting directly in to Spotfire Support Manager
- Assign an application, Contact, Account, priority and problem description to all new cases coming into the default Support queue
- Learn Spotfire sufficiently to provide first level support for low level technical issues and customer service requests
- Understand the problems reported by customers and reproduce locally to assist other support team members
- Assist in documenting problems, solutions, and defects in the Support call tracking system and in the bug tracking system (Salesforce Service Cloud and JIRA)
- Participate in side-projects aiming at improving usability, supportability and quality of the TIBCO Spotfire products
- Assist in creating customer self-service content, e.g. in the form of knowledge base articles, community forum posts.
- Customer focus
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Planning, Prioritizing and Reporting
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality
Job Requirements :
- Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Intelligent, well rounded with ability to learn quickly and read between the lines in a rapidly changing environment
- Curious, intellectually driven to learn new things, to troubleshoot and solve problems and grow personally as a result of that effort
- High attention to detail
Nice to Have Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience providing technical or customer support
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, CRM systems
- Understanding data analysis and constructs of domain specific data
- Spotfire experience is a big plus but not a requirement
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top