Field Service Engineer
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a Global Leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. Key Responsibilities
- Installation, preventive maintenance and the repair of PerkinElmer Diagnostics & OEM instrumentation
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction with our products and services
- Schedule and complete PM's within the established time frame and performance standards.
- Provide remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate
- Provide warranty services for our products in the field.
- Adherence to warranty and service contract provisions
- Provide billable service quotes for non-contract services
- Assist and support local sales representative to secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability by identifying billable service opportunities.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include
- Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills
- Identify training needs to improve competencies and actively participate in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- 3 - 5 years of field service experience supporting LC/MS/MS and/or plate processing equipment or equivalent.
- A demonstrated ability to manage the service needs of the primary accounts in the assigned region.
- The ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- A proven self-motivational work ethic
- The ability to work independently, manage time and schedule workload to meet deadlines and customer needs
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the company and/or the customer's site safety code.
- Experience working in GMP, ISO, and FDA compliant facilities a plus
- A Valid driver's license
- The ability to travel with overnight stays is required. Estimated travel is 50%
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer's site safety code.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Electronics or related discipline plus 2-3 years relevant experience
- Valid driver's license
- Able to travel overnight
- Able to work independently or with a team while requiring minimal supervision
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top