Field Service Engineer
PerkinElmer Diagnostics is seeking a qualified individual to join a customer focused field service support team in our Applied Genomics Business Unit. The successful candidate will be located in the Cleveland, Oh area and will provide field service support for a large and rapidly growing install base of automated liquid handling equipment and Labchip products in the Great Lakes region (Western PA, OH, MI, WV, KY & IN). The primary duties of the CSE include on site installation, training, preventive maintenance, and the repair of PerkinElmer equipment. Responsibilities:
The primary duties of the Customer Support Engineer are to install, maintain, repair and verify performance of our equipment and instrumentation at customer sites and ensure best-in-class service.
- Providing scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers, and all warranty services which apply to our products in the field.
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Developing new business through the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades, and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Assisting and supporting local sales representative to secure new instrument orders.
- Contributing to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, billable training opportunities and consumables.
- Maintaining up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Being accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc.
- Taking an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills required to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer's value proposition to the customer and ensure best in class service is provided.
- Seeking a higher level certifications through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- Reporting potential quality issues via the corrective action process.
- Traveling -required and ranges from 30 - 60%
Job Requirements :
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline preferred; 2 year degree with field experience accepted.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the service and support of medical, biological or pharmaceutical research equipment.
- Experience with Automated Liquid Handling, Micro-fluidics, and motion control systems preferred.
- Previous manufacturer related service experience (i.e. - Agilent, Beckman, Tecan, BioTek, Caliper,etc a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong electro-mechanical skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot over the telephone and in the field
- Valid Drivers License
- Experience in MS-Office products
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top