Field Application Scientist, Tissue Biomarker
We are looking for someone with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer's commercial success. The Tissue Biomarker Applications Specialist will be responsible for providing field applications support for Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA) Systems, Imaging Instrumentation and software and other related products in North America. We are looking for a team player, with customer relationship building skills, who is hard working, smart, and loves to win. In addition, this role requires a determined individual to support selling efforts in the western region from Texas to California.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, imaging, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
PerkinElmer's Detection team services the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Biotechnology, and CRO end markets. Solutions include Alpha, LANCE, and DELFIA drug discovery reagents, Multimode Plate Readers, Microplates, Lites Luciferase reagents, and Western Lightning Western Blot reagents. The Field Application Scientist team works closely with an integrated Sales team who helps to optimize the research scope and vision for our customers.
- Execute demonstrations of PerkinElmer's products in support of pre-sales activity including seminar talks, talks at local conferences, poster sessions, and consultative discussions with key customers.
- Provide product training to field sales team as new features/functionality is available for designated product and domain specialty
- Be the voice of customer, providing feedback to the Sales Director on potential new opportunities and products
- Provide regular territory reports on key activities and opportunities
- Be comfortable with processing and staining tissue samples in-house and at customer sites
- Effectively articulate data results to the customer
- Identify and drive KOL relationships
- Assist the Field Sales Team by identifying and establishing high level customer relationships
- Assist the Field Sales Team by providing instrument demonstrations
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements to insure we deliver competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing competitive assessments for region and scientific domain
- Present a professional image at all times to customers, clients and other vendors.
Job Requirements :
- MS in the life sciences is required (PhD is a plus)
- 3+ years bench experience, with experience including histology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization and immunofluorescence
- Ability to assess market and develop Tissue Biomarker strategy and Roadmap
- Experienced with capital equipment and reagent/consumable sales
- Good teaching skills, clear communication ability, capacity to effectively provide consultation, and proven ability and willingness to present in front of large groups are all required.
- Passion to stay current with new technologies and applications in the life science market is essential.Highly committed, competitive and goal-driven professional with industry workflow experience necessary to properly position
- Ideal location for home office is the San Francisco.
- Willingness for 25-50% overnight travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top