Field Application Scientist - Research Informatics M/F (Western European based)
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving human and environmental health.
At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
Join us to Make a Difference Today!
PerkinElmer is currently looking for its EMEA Western European based Research Informatics Field Application Scientist.
The role of the Research Informatics Field Application Scientist is to maximize PerkinElmer's commercial success within EMEA by specializing in products that emphasize PerkinElmer's Informatics capabilities.
The individual will work with the regional marketing team to promote world-class products by packaging, positioning and promoting throughout the Field Sales organization in aim to increase PerkinElmer's market share.
- Support designated region with specific analytics expertise and the products that they represent
- Execute custom/highly configured software demonstrations in support of pre-sales activity
- Collaborate with all Field Team members to develop and deploy world-class systems and tools and provide front-line support to sales as the Product Specialist in the responsible region
- Execute pre-sales pilots, workshops, and evaluations for product area
- Supplemental support of canned demonstrations as required in the territory
- Provide RFI/RFP support for product area
- Deliver product training to Field Team (marketing & sales) as and when new features/functionalities are available for designated products and domain specialties
- Coordinate with Product Management to identify, communicate, and incorporate new product enhancements and also with the Services team to insure delivery of competitive solutions that are differentiated through value as perceived by our customers
- Characterize the external market by performing pipeline analysis and competitive assessments for region and scientific domains
- Coordinate with the Marketing Communications organization to develop and participate in marketing campaign design and execution as needed
Job Requirements :
Your profile - qualificiations, experience, personality :
- Ph.D. or M.S. (with experience) in chemistry, preferably in the physical/material sciences domain
- Substantial use of computers & scientific applications are required
- 5+ years' experience in (a) customer facing role(s) is required
- Experience with PerkinElmer Informatics products and solutions is highly desirable: ChemDraw, Spotfire, E Notebook etc.
- Punctual, meticulous, reliable, courteous with excellent communication and listening skills
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally, French language skills desired but not essential, other European languages are a plus
- Up to 50% travel required throughout EMEA, mainly in Western Europe
- This role could be based throughout Western Europe e.g. UK, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top