Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Summary We are in search for a dynamic, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to partner with the Sr. Environmental Health & Safety Engineer with the implementation of EH&S policies, programs, and procedures at our manufacturing site in Hopkinton. Knowledge of federal, state, and local EH&S regulations. Assists in driving the overall safety and compliance onsite by participating in audits, safety committee meetings, and interacting with personnel to address safety concerns. Responsibilities:
- Participates in safety committee meetings and EH&S management review meetings.
- Assists in reviewing and updating EH&S plans and procedures and uploading them in the Site's document control system for approval.
- Assists with reviewing and updating safety training materials and releasing them via PerkinElmer's Learning Management System.
- Helps perform and document accident investigations, compliance audits, and partners with Human Resources with any corrective actions needed.
- Assists with uploading and managing safety concerns/safety suggestions in the Site's database.
- Updates the chemical inventory by reviewing chemical purchase data.
- Updates Safety Data Sheets that are maintained electronically via MSDSonline and in paper form.
- Serves as a member of the Site's emergency preparedness and response team.
- Files appropriate documents with the state's radiation protection bureau.
- Performs radiological surveys of incoming packages containing radioactive sealed sources.
- Performs monthly radiological surveys of areas where radioactive material is used and stored onsite.
- Offers hazardous waste and regulated biological waste to the contracted vendor and signs the manifest.
- Helps file and maintain various EH&S related records and documents.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, or a related technical field.
- 2-5 years EH&S experience.
- Must be able to travel to the Site within 1 hour to respond to after hour emergencies on a rotating schedule with other staff members.
- Willing to participate in 40-hour Radiation Technician Level 1 training.
- Self-starter able to work under minimal supervisory guidance.
- Proficient with MS Office with a heavy focus on Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize effectively and be detail-oriented.
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Aptitude to learn new systems and retain technical information.
- Commitment to customer excellence with demonstrated ethics and integrity.
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles.
PERKINELMER IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans / Top notch training and development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Generous tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match and immediate vesting / An environment that fosters career growth.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top