Empower Migration Project Lead - Europe
This position will be the European Project lead for an Empower 2 to Empower 3 migration across our customer's sites in Westport and western Europe.
This role will also function as the lead technical advisor on Waters Empower upgrade. This will include LAC/e builds, instrument configurations, firmware upgrades, project management, validation execution and general end user Empower support.
The Empower Migration Project Lead will coordinate and support the site Empower engineers.
The candidate must be an outgoing individual and who is experience in various lab environments.
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension or conversion to permanent contract. Travel to other sites is estimated at 30% of the time.
OneSource Information Services
Our OneSource Information Services team is the only global life sciences organization that brings science and IT together to fully understand how a laboratory workflow works. Part of our comprehensive OneSource® Laboratory Services offering, OneSource Information Services helps labs optimize their scientific productivity at the intersection of instruments, computing, and software with effective use of information technology. These solutions combine scientific and technical expertise with well-structured project management and IT process methodologies to create predictable, measurable IT outcomes regardless of instrument technology or manufacturer.
Our customer is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals, devices and biologic products for patients around the world.
- Report to PerkinElmer's global project lead based on East Coast USA.
- Work with the the European Empower team across the project
- Manage the installation and configuration of Empower 3 LAC/e computers in client laboratory space
- Manage instrumentation firmware upgrades
- Manage and resolve Empower project related issues
- Proactively monitor the project related activities
- Manage the execution of validation scripts
- Escalate project related issues to the Empower Global Project Lead
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 4-8 years' of relevant professional experience.
- Project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in lab environment.
- Minimum of 3 years Waters – Empower Experience
- Experience working in regulated environment
- Understanding of lab best practices (GmP, GxP), instruments and software
- Previous administration of the Empower environments
- Prepared to travel in Ireland and western Europe.
- Communication – strong verbal and written skills.
- Committed to Customers – professional, good listening and problem solving skills.
- Results Focused – Able to manage own time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives. Good at multitasking.
- Teamwork – collaborative, but able to use own initiative
% of Travel Required : 30-40%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top