SUMMARY: The Electronics Engineer is a seasoned, creative engineering professional who participates in all aspects of product lifecycle including product design, transition to production, production and customer use of our products; ensuring best manufacturing, test and serviceability practices are carried out.
The Electronics Engineer (EE) plays a key role in our product development process designing and developing mixed signal and microcontroller based printed circuit boards, firmware, and test tools at module and system levels with a focus on digital and embedded control and low level analog signal designs. The Electronics Engineer provides leadership in daily production and technical support activities, focusing on technical problem resolution and continuous improvement of product and process.
Works in a team based project environment interacting with Hardware and Software engineers and scientists (physicists, chemists and biologists).
Knowledge in the field of spectroscopic instrumentation (e.g. FT-IR, UV/NIR/Vis), thermal analysis (TEA), high content screening (HCS) and/or multimode detection (MMD) instrumentation is desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in product design, development, deployment and diagnostic reviews.
- Designs, develops and validates printed circuit boards, firmware, test tools and training, appropriate to the product and technologies being produced with expertise on embedded controllers, FPGA's, analog low level signal circuitry.
- Follows product from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with early users, understanding issues and needs, and advocating and driving appropriate responses across the organization.
- Investigates and debugs complex system problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Works with suppliers to qualify components, troubleshoot issues, and assist in outside testing services for regulatory compliance and helps deploy test tooling to manufacturing and vendors.
- Writes ECN's to document and communicate engineering changes throughout the organization, and coordinates implementation for smooth transitions of changes throughout manufacturing operations.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, processes and procedures.
- Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Masters desirable)
- Ten years of related knowledge and experience in the development and commercialization of Instrumentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of optical and electro-mechanical systems and their control including op-amps, sensors, encoders, motor drives, serial buses, microprocessors, and programmable logic.
- Demonstrated analogue circuit design, layout and optimization, specifically for low signal amplification and high-performance closed loop control systems, Digital signal processing, including an excellent understanding and application of sampling theory, noise reduction, filtering and digital signal conditioning.
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic test methodologies, understanding of design for manufacture, design for test, design for reliability, design for cost, and design for quality.
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills.
- Hands on engineer with good communication (written and oral) skills and likes to solve problems and work issues on the production floor as well as in the engineering lab.
- Experience with EMC/Regulatory testing.
- Knowledge of OrCAD Schematic Capture & PCB Designer.
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles.
- Knowledge in the fields of spectroscopic instrumentation (e.g. FT-IR, UV/NIR/Vis), thermal analysis instrumentation (TEA), high content screening instrumentation (HCS) and/or multimode detection instrumentation (MMD).
- Programming in C/C++ and LabVIEW or MatLab.
- Experience with Arm / PIC Micros.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments.
- Leading / managing projects (Prince2, PMP)
Occasional travel required
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top