Summary: Supports manufacturing and field service activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, assembly and repair of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on a routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must be able to perform operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Must assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
- Must be able to use manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including but not limited to such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Job Requirements :
- Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Must be able to independently troubleshoot to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top