Domain Lead, Mass Spec
Provide domain lead role for software development in innovating and developing Mass Spec applications involving PerkinElmer Mass Spec instruments. The role will include close collaborations with software teams within PerkinElmer, laboratories, customers and business teams.
This position reports to Juha Kurkilahti, Director of Software Development, R&D; dotted line to Rudra Maharajh, Mass Spec Product Manager
The Diagnostics Software Product team is seeking a full time Domain Lead to join our Mass Spec Software Development team. This individual will be part of a dynamic group of scientists and engineers responsible for gathering product requirements, documenting, developing, deploying, validating, and supporting PerkinElmer Mass Spec software suite applications.
Our team provides software applications and tools that manage our Mass Spec instruments and integration of our Mass Spec instruments with our diagnostic software suite of applications that help enable the early detection of certain life-threatening genetic and metabolic disorders in newborn babies. If detected and treated soon enough, most babies will be able to live healthy, normal lives. To learn more about newborn screening please visit http://www.savebabies.org/.
This Domain Lead position requires constant team interactions. In this position you will gain experience on how to gather and analyze requirements, set up tools to enable SDLC processes, develop applications that meet standards and comply with regulations and will be exposed to project management. You will also gain hands on experience on how to use SOPs and templates to create and execute validation steps, and how to compile these steps into test plans. In addition, you will also involve in producing training material and end-user manuals. The whole experience will lead you to gain an understanding of the science behind genetic screening.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Must have a background in triple quadrupole mass spectrometry.
- Experienced in working with medical devices (and 21 CFR Part 820 Quality Systems) is mandatory.
- Must be comfortable leading a product development team and making decisions with justifications.
- Experienced in leading teams to develop applications using SDLC process and agile / SCRUM methodology.
- Familiar with tools (including but not limited to MSSQL; SQLLite, .NET; WCF; WPF; C++; C#) for developing state-of-the-art applications.
- Actively work with product management team to distill high-level concepts into tangible product requirements and design specs.
- Gather and analyze requirements for updating or developing new Mass Spec applications.
- Map requirements to specs that lead to architecting software solution(s).
- Participate in strategic planning, design of the processes, and the implementation of data analysis improvements.
- Establish best-in-practice operations to collect, process and analyze Mass Spec data.
- Work closely with solution architects and other developers for solution(s) design.
- Play key role in the conceptualization, design and development of new Mass Spec product(s) / applications to expand our Mass Spec software product offerings in the market place.
- Must be able to work with customers of all backgrounds to understand user needs and workflows.
- Experience with SW verification and leading QA team are considered an asset.
- Project Management experience to run agile / SCRUM team(s) is required.
- Must be comfortable presenting to all levels of the organization and to customers / partners.
- Be a team player and put team objectives above personal ambitions.
Job Requirements :
- Degree in chemistry, health sciences, computational biology, electrical/computer engineering, mathematics, physics, or equivalent.
- Minimum four years of experience in leading a product development environment.
- Expert knowledge of the current methods in Mass Spec software applications development.
- Experience in organizing and working with Mass Spec instrument data.
- Knowledge of systems and computational biology, particularly using Mass Spec.
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentational).
- Strong knowledge of Mass Spec applications with mastery and ability to mentor others in Mass Spec fundamentals.
- Hands-on experience with developing, deploying and maintenance of Mass Spec Software applications is required.
- Must be willing to travel internationally (10-20%).
- Build and execute on Mass Spec Software applications for diagnostics.
- Technology alignment with PerkinElmer (EA, enterprise architecture) direction & roadmap.
- Aligned technology solution with business strategies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong Mass Spec background and problem solving skills - ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Demonstrate expertise & competency in Mass Spec domain.
- Ability to manage team(s) in using agile methodology and processes for developing software applications.
- Ability to with work with cross-functional teams - excellent group interaction and negotiating skills.
- Customer focus, value driven – passionate about working to develop applications to address customer needs.
- Ability to lead and provide mentorship & leadership for developing / maintaining teams.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills in front of internal teams and customers.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS:
- Agile delivery.Established technical standards and policies.
- Process efficiency & effectiveness.
PerkinElmer is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate with regard to age, race, creed,
color, religion, sex, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, military status or status as a disabled
veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable
federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top