Director, Inorganic Portfolio
The Portfolio Director is a key member of the Inorganic Business Unit senior leadership team and is responsible for driving the innovation and growth of one or more of Inorganic product lines. The Portfolio Director's responsibilities include P&L accountability as well as leading a team of product managers and application specialists to build and deliver on product line strategy, growth and profitability expectations, across instruments, consumables and service.
In addition to executing on product roadmaps, responsibilities include building yearly global Annual Operating Plans (AOP), revenue & margin forecasting, new product commercialization, annual pricing review, product line optimization, sales team training & engagement, customer problem resolution, and inventory and operations planning.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience driving innovation, developing and executing product commercialization roadmaps for global markets, and working in a matrix organization to achieve P&L goals. The candidate would have worked across a combination of Strategy, Commercial, Product Management and Operations roles with proven success at delivering above market revenue and profitability growth. Towards that, he/she would have demonstrated ability to translate business goals into well-defined performance plans and projects for his/her organization and cross-functional partners, be results driven and shown urgency for achieving goals. Experience building OEM partnerships, driving productline acquisitions, integration and divestitures is desirable.
- Portfolio P&L ownership of one or more product lines across instruments, consumable & Service
- Set strategic direction and drive execution on PL product strategy, roadmaps and margin improvement actions
- Leverage an in-depth understanding of customer needs to resolve customer product challenges
- Continue to develop and grow our strong base of existing customers by further penetrating existing customers with new products or reposition existing products and capabilities
- Lead and maintain the relationship with partners for the development of a consistent growth portfolio
- Lead the Buy, Build or Partner decision process for each component of the portfolio as required
- Identify market and competitive trends that are impacting product portfolio sales revenue through revenue analysis, input from commercial Applications, Sales & Marketing teams, peer network and market reports
- Together with the field Product Leaders, own marketing awareness and lead generation strategy and execution
- Cross functional execution on financial targets, quality and margin improvement initiatives
- Assess business to implement recovery plans and execution on near term opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement processes cross functionally for new product commercialization to shorten time to product availability
- Lead Product Management and Applications Specialists to deliver on product life cycle management profitability goals.
- Maintains a high performing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training top talent
- Develop global product pricing and global product discounting strategies to grow or maintain market position
Job Requirements :
- Graduate degree in a scientific discipline. MBA is highly desirable.
- Proven business leadership skills with 10+ years between Product Management, Strategy, Commercial or Operation roles, preferably in analytical instruments and consumables, although adjacent markets will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic plans that meet business and customer needs
- Successful track record leading a product portfolio unit within a high growth organization
- Strong business acumen, analytical, decision making and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, an absolute must; formal presentation skills a definite plus.
- Must be able to accomplish results in a cross-functional team environment, exhibiting formal and informal leadership skills, strong goal / results orientation and strong communication skills
PerkinElmer provides competitive compensation plans
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top