Diagnostics R&D Intern
Summary: Candidate will be responsible for assisting our hardware engineering team with product development, engineering analyses, and component creation, with the goal of developing the background knowledge necessary to design and execute small projects with minimal supervision. These projects may be independently run by the candidate or may contribute to an ongoing project run by the broader R&D organization Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and engineering release of drawings of components and assemblies
- Data analysis including verification of components and assemblies, including report preparation
- Become a contributor R&D group meetings
- Troubleshooting experiments
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering discipline
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve with minimal supervision
- Professionalism is expected
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, as well as familiarity with MS Office products
- Direct Solidworks experience required
- Hands-on prototyping of components a plus
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top