Customer Support Technician
Job Purpose: Provide troubleshooting and instrument maintenance services on laboratory equipment at OneSource client sites.
Core Job Duties:
- Assist in troubleshooting and performing routine maintenance/calibrations on common laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, rotovaps, balances, chillers, vacuum pumps, incubators.
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on more complex laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, UV/VIS.
- Monitor OEM or Third Party vendors who service equipment including escorting, documenting repairs with appropriate documentation from vendors.
- Prime and/or Quality Check of instruments on daily or weekly basis as required
- Manage compound inventory/request system
- Perform metrology calibrations
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of lab equipment
Job Requirements :
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) or equivalent military education/training or Science/Electronics based Associates Degree.
Experience operating pharma instruments, equivalent work experience and a minimum of 2 years related hands-on Pharma/Biotech experience.
Ability to clearly communicate instrumentation updates and status orally and in written communication.
Ability to work positively in a team environment.
Active in lab environment; use of phone and computer.
The employee will regularly be required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 50 pounds.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top